1. SLOW IS GOOD: Start out slow with something that's comfortable and enjoyable for you (go on a walk, play with your kids, take a beginners yoga class)
2. MAKE A PLAN: Plan and write exactly when you are going to exercise and stick to it. The more detailed, the better!
3. EVERYTHING IS BETTER WITH A BUDDY: The buddy system? It works! Tell a family member or friend to help hold you accountable.
4. START DIET CHANGES: Make one small diet change and stick to it for two days (drink only water, eat your veggies, cut down on snacking). Start adding in more healthy changes as time passes.
5. DON'T EXPECT PERFECTION: If you make good choices 80% of the time, understand that it's okay to treat yourself in the other 20%. If you slip up, get back on track the next day.
#ymca #exercise #backatit #ymcaCLE #cleveland #CLE #workout#slowandsteady #diet #HealthyLiving #ThursdayTip