Planned gifts are charitable giving methods that allow a donor to express his or her personal values by designating a gift to a charity in the future. Often a planned gift will be structured with the assistance of a financial advisor or an attorney to guarantee the donor’s desired legacy.
There are many types of giving vehicles which will permit a donor to express his or her wish to leave a legacy to the YMCA. The most common planned gifts are bequests (made though a will) and life insurance policies naming the YMCA of Greater Cleveland as a beneficiary. Other types include:
- Bequests through a Will or Living Trust
- Life Insurance beneficiary
- IRA or Retirement Plan beneficiary
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Reserved Life Estate
Endowment gifts to the YMCA of Greater Cleveland ensures YMCA services in the future. When you make a donation to our endowment, you give a gift with both immediate and long-term benefits.
- Endowment donations are invested. A portion of the annual income from the investment is used to address immediate needs at the Y. The remaining funds are reinvested to ensure indefinite support.
- Donors can create Named Funds and work with the YMCA to determine a special way for the Fund to be used to support our mission.
The YMCA has an expansive facility footprint and is always looking for ways to improve service delivery through upgrades and new facilities. Donors can be part of exciting changes to our Y with capital gifts. Donors are recognized in various ways including donor boards and opportunities to name facilities.
Named after one of our greatest supporters, the S.P. Fenn Heritage Society honors those individuals and families who include the YMCA of Greater Cleveland in their estate plans and donors that have given to the endowment.
Planned gifts ensure the YMCA’s programs and services continue to benefit the Cleveland community for generations to come. There is no minimum gift amount required for S.P. Fenn Heritage Society membership. Members of the Society are provided updates and special communications throughout the year and invitations to special events.
To learn more about our S.P. Fenn Heritage Society, please contact Megan DeFranco email@example.com or 216-263-6296.