You have years of experience to share with our community and we cannot wait to learn from it. Check out six reasons the Y is a great place for seniors and empty-nesters to work:
Supplement Retirement Income
Enjoy what you’re doing while also putting more money in your pocket to supplement your retirement with a job at the Y.
Flexible Work Schedule
- At the Y, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to work around your priorities. Most of our branches are open seven days and week and have opportunities to pick-up shifts at all times of the day making it a perfect opportunity to earn money while still enjoying your downtime.
Workout for Free
- All Y employees receive a free membership to the Y and a discount on all Y classes and programs.
Try a New Challenge or Grow an Existing Passion
- Always wanted to work with children, but didn’t get the chance? Love swimming and want to share that passion with others? The Y has a variety of job opportunities that can present new challenges or let you share your interests with others.
Keep Yourself in Peak Condition
- A part-time job keeps you mentally and physically engaged and helps prevent cognitive decline so you can enjoy your "golden years".
Meet New People & Prevent Social Isolation
- Working in our diverse community you’ll meet coworkers and members with a variety of interests and goals that can quickly become lifelong friends.