West shore family YMCA
1575 Columbia Road, Westlake, OH 44145 | 440-871-6885
Hours of Operation
Mon-Thurs: 5:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Fri: 5:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Sat: 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sun: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Mon-Thurs: 5:45 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Fri: 5:45 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Sat: 7 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Sun: 10:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Pathways Center Hours
Easter Sunday: CLOSED
Memorial Day: 7 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Independence Day: 7 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Labor Day: 7 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Christmas Eve: CLOSED
Christmas Day: CLOSED
New Year's Eve: 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
New Year's Day: 7 a.m. - 1 p.m
Call 440-871-6885 for more information.
Classes & Programs
Current Group Exercise Schedule
Stay up to date with the most current class schedules by viewing the calendar below.
CLASSES AND GROUP EXERCISE SCHEDULES
Red Cross Classes
The West Shore YMCA offer Red Cross Life guarding, CPR/First Aid and Babysitting classes all year long! For more information and to register please visit the following link: Red Cross Classes
Soo Bahk Do Karate
Learn important skills such as: discipline, self-control, flexibility and coordination, while working on team work and making friends, in a fun and positive environment. Learn more here
News & Events
Time's Running Out!
Our Summer Fitness challenge is coming to an end, how many workouts do you have to go?! The challenge closes on August 31, so make sure you get those remaining workouts in! When you finish, you'll get an congratulatory email from us where we'll ask you for your t-shirt size, etc. and confirm your entry for the Apple Watch drawing!
Meet our new Aquatics Director!
We have a new aquatics director (finally!). Her name is Emily Furthman and she joins us from New York where she ran two YMCA pools. She is excited to jump in and get her feet wet (pun intended) at West Shore.
Work Here, Change Lives!
We're seeking Before & After School Assistant Teachers and Child Care Site Administrators to join our team! In these part-time positions, you’ll have the opportunity to enhance children’s learning experiences through play, language and interactive activities. Interested? Know someone who might be? Apply today!
Before/After School Care
At the Y, we help kids reach their potential and thrive in a safe, trustworthy setting. Our staff provide support and guidance,
providing them with the tools for success. Kids can focus on their homework, make new friends, build social skills and create happy memories they’ll always remember. There's 16 different locations to choose from in the greater Cleveland area!
Last call for Summer Camp!
Save the date
Art & Soul
TBD in September
- Join us for Sunset Yoga at the Solstice Steps at Lakewood Park every Tuesday this summer at 7:45 p.m. (weather permitting)
- August 7 with Katie
- August 14 with Kim
- August 21 with Katie
- August 28 with Katie
Give the Y a High-Five!
- We are asking each of our members to give the Y a high five in August. Every member who donates $5 to West Shore's annual campaign will get their name on a handprint and be able to put it up anywhere in our branch.
Staff Pie in the Face!
- During the month of August many of our employees (leadership and front line alike) will have jars with their faces on them. Members are invited to put their spare change in the jars. At the end of the month the employee who raised the most money will get a pie in the face. All proceeds will go to the annual campaign!
- Wellness Center including treadmills, ellipticals, recumbent bikes, stair climbers, and more.
- Aquatics Center: a three-lane, 20-yard lap pool, sauna, steam room, and frequent swim lessons and water classes with an elevated temperature for specific Arthritis classes.
- A free first workout with a certified personal trainer and enrollment in Smart Start to establish goals and keep you motivated.
- Certified group exercise instructors.
- Free weights and strength equipment
- Locker rooms and accessible family locker rooms.
- An indoor cycling studio.
- Private studio for Pilates, Barre, Yoga and Martial Arts classes.
- Group Exercise See our Mobile App for all class schedules and times, along with facility notes, programs and special events.
- Evidence-Based Programming such as the YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program, LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, THE REAL YOU Weight Loss Program, and SmartStart.
- Large outdoor field space for youth leagues and outdoor events.
- Access to all other YMCAs in Ohio through our statewide reciprocity and nationwide through the A.W.A.Y. (Always Welcome at YMCAs) program
- Volunteer opportunities.