Why the Y?
Preschools at the Y share one thing: they’re about discovery. Kids have the opportunity to explore nature, find new talents, try new activities, gain independence and make lasting friendships and memories.
Our preschool programs focus on preparing children for kindergarten. Our curriculum is based on school readiness skills and is aligned with the Ohio Department of Education’s Early Learning and Development Standards. Key components include literacy, mathematics, science, social and emotional development, problem solving, health and diversity. Our preschools help children grow in all developmental areas to gain the skills they will need as they go through life!
About our program
Preschool at the YMCA is like a home away from home, where kids laugh, learn, explore and grow in the outdoors, while creating memories and friendships that last a lifetime.
- For children ages 3 – 5 years
- 1:12 child to instructor ratio
- Nutritious snacks provided
- Dedicated, well-trained counselors
- Financial assistance is available for those who qualify
- Toddlers accepted at select locations