For November, people may join the Y and pay no join fee if they donate hygiene products which we will give to area shelters as well as our Y-Haven facility, which helps those experiencing addiction and homelessness. If you know someone considering joining the Y, now would be an ideal time!
Members who would like to donate items are welcome to do so by taking new hygiene products to their branch.
Why hygiene products? While shelters and charitable organizations appreciate all donations they receive, there are some items that people don’t think to donate but could be immensely helpful to someone without a home. Hygiene products are among the most requested items from these organizations.
- Hygiene products often requested by shelters:
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Shower caps
- Face and body wash
- Shower gel
- Shaving cream and razors
- Oral care (toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, and mouthwash)
- Menstrual products (often in short supply)
- Infant necessities (diapers -- and lots of them, pull-ups, baby wipes, baby formula)
- Toiletries (toilet paper, deodorant, combs and hairbrushes, nail clippers and nail files, hand sanitizer, sanitation wipes)
We appreciate your continued support of our mission.