- One-time gifts are the most common type of gift from donors. An annual gift to the YMCA powers our programs and services and ensures that the Y is available for all in our community.
- Monthly giving is an easy and convenient way to make a difference in the community. Simply select the option to "make this a monthly gift" on our donation form and your gift will continue to make an impact throughout the year for individuals and families who rely on our YMCA for vital programs and services.
- Many corporations match employee gifts as part of their philanthropic efforts. If you volunteer with us, your employer may also provide us with a grant as a way to recognize your ongoing support.
- Making a gift of securities or mutual funds offers you the chance to support our work while realizing important benefits for yourself.
- When you donate appreciated securities or mutual funds you have held more than one year to us in support of our mission, you can reduce or even eliminate federal capital gains taxes on the transfer. You may also be entitled to a federal income tax charitable deduction based on the fair market value of the securities at the time of transfer.
- For those 70.5 years-old or older: You can give any amount, up to $100,000 per year, from your IRA directly to a qualified charity such as the YMCA of Greater Cleveland without having to pay income taxes on the amount.
- Gifts of any value $100,000 or less are eligible for this benefit and you can feel good knowing that you are making a difference at the Y. This popular gift is commonly referred to as Qualified Charitable Distribution.
- You pay $0 income taxes on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions.
- Since the gift doesn't count as income, it can reduce your annual income level. This may help lower your Medicare premiums and decrease the amount of Social Security that is subject to tax.
- The YMCA of Greater Cleveland is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and your gift is tax-deductible. When you give to the Y, 100% of your contribution stays in your community, impacting people in our local neighborhoods.