FOR A BETTER US
At the Y, strengthening and helping the community is our cause. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone—regardless of age, income or background—has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Engaging in the community help providing opportunities to give back and support neighbors in need.
Simply put the Y is for everyone. We believe that keeping our doors open to all strengthens our organization and its ability to meet the needs of the communities we serve. In an increasingly global society, fortifying our commitment to inclusive behaviors, policies, and environments is more important than ever. The YMCA values and respects the diverse nature of the individuals and communities we serve and chooses to be inclusive through its acceptance of all individuals.
Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
The Y is a nonprofit organization, offering health, hope, and opportunity
- Parents find a safe, nurturing environment for their children to stay active, be engaged, and learn positive values.
- Children and teens play and develop self-confidence while feeling accepted and supported.
- Adults connect with friends, pursue interests, and learn how to live healthier.
- Men who are homeless, women and men re-entering the community from incarceration as well as those seeking to recover from Opioid Use Disorder get treatment, mental health counseling and interim housing.
- Seniors socialize and stay physically active with water exercise, strengthening and cardio classes, yoga, walking clubs and bus trips.
- People from all backgrounds and walks of life come together to volunteer and help strengthen their community.
The YMCA is the leading 501(c)3 nonprofit committed to strengthening and helping the community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose and each other. Working locally, our Y focuses on empowering young people, improving health and well-being, and building community. The Y is for everyone; it welcomes people of all ages, ethnic origins, religious affiliations, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic levels. Those who cannot afford the Y can get financial assistance, so no one is turned away -- thanks to the generosity of our funders and donors.