How the program works:
Participants will work with trained Healthy Heart Ambassadors for the duration of the four-month program.
During this time, participants will be encouraged to:
- Self-measure their blood pressure at least two times per month
- Attend two personalized consultations per month
- Attend monthly nutrition education seminars
Participants will record their blood pressure readings using an easy-to-use, self-selected tracking tool.
The Y will provide options for participants who need a home blood pressure monitor.
- Reduction in blood pressure
- Better blood pressure management
- Increased awareness of triggers that elevate blood pressure
- Enhanced knowledge to develop healthier eating habits
For a small investment, participants receive:
- An evidence-based program that may lower blood pressure
- Personalized support from a Healthy Heart Ambassador during Office Hour consultations
- Tips for maintaining cardiovascular health
- Heart healthy nutrition education
- Easy-to-use, portable self-tracking tool