Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring at the Y
In response to this critical health issue, our Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program offers you personalized support as you develop the habit of correctly monitoring your own blood pressure. Research shows that that the process of recording blood pressure at least twice a month over a period of four months can lower blood pressure in many people.
How Our Blood Pressure Program Works:
Participants will work with trained Healthy Heart Ambassadors for the duration of the four-month program.
During this time, participants will
- Measure their own blood pressure at home weekly
- Attend two nutrition education seminars with personalized consultations per month
The Y will provide options for participants who need a home blood pressure monitor.
- Reduction in blood pressure
- Better blood pressure management
- Increased awareness of triggers that elevate blood pressure
- Enhanced knowledge to develop healthier eating habits
For a small investment, participants receive:
An evidence-based program that may lower blood pressure
Personalized support blood pressure self-monitoring help from a Healthy Heart Ambassador
Tips for maintaining cardiovascular health
Heart healthy nutrition education
This program runs in person at selected branches and also virtually - on your home computer or tablet,