FRENCH CREEK FAMILY YMCA
NEWS & EVENTS
CLASSES & PROGRAMS
French Creek Family YMCA | 2010 Recreation Road, Avon, OH 44011 | 440 934 9622 | Fax: 440 305 8104
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 5am-10pm
Pool Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday: 5:30am - 9:30pm
Saturday: 7:30 am-5:30pm
Sunday: 10:30 am-4:30pm
Easter Sunday: CLOSED
Memorial Day: 7 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Independence Day: 7 am - 1pm
Labor Day: 7 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Thanksgiving Day: CLOSED
Christmas Eve: CLOSED
Christmas Day: CLOSED
New Year's Eve: 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
New Year's Day: 10am - 1pm
PATHWAYS CENTER HOURS
M, T, W, TH: 8am-12pm;
4:30 pm -8:30pm
Pathway Center Policies and Intake Form
Facility Rental Information
- Wellness Center: premium, networked fitness equipment (watch your favorite channels while you work out, challenge friends to burn more calories or run more miles) including treadmills, ellipticals, recumbent bikes, stair climbers, and more.
- Aquatics Center: an eight-lane competition pool, 25-yard lap pool (6 ft. depth), recreation pool that is kept at 89 degrees, hot tub, sauna, and frequent swim lessons. Several in water exercise classes available in both pools.
- Free enrollment in Smart Start to establish goals and keep you motivated.
- Nationally Certified group exercise instructors.
- Friendly, educated Wellness Consultants available during all hours of the day to give you a free tour, answer questions, show you how to use equipment, and schedule wellness services appointments (personal training, wellness screenings, etc.)
- Free weights, strength equipment, multipurpose areas, and space and equipment available for individuals with physical challenges.
- Locker rooms and accessible family locker rooms.
- An indoor cycling studio.
- Spirit, Mind, and Body studio featuring Yoga, Pilates, and Tai Chi classes for all levels.
- Martial Arts programs available for all levels
- Group Exercise classes such as boot camp, POUND, Silver Sneakers, Zumba, etc.
- A functional private Personal Training space.
- Full Basketball court with open gym times.
- Pathways is included in the membership. Pathways is an enrichment activity center for children as young as 6 weeks can attend while parents enjoy their workout.
- Licensed childcare including onsite preschool for ages 3 and 4.
- Snow days is licensed child care for school days off where parents can have their child attend the YMCA during a snow day or a scheduled school day off for enrichment curriculum.
- Youth sports programming for ages 3-14 including Junior Cavs Basketball, volleyball, soccer, football, t-ball, dodgeball, and summer/fall/winter sports camp
- Fine arts programming for ages 3-12 including dance, gymnastics, cheer leading, guitar, break dancing, and fine arts camp
- Adult basketball leagues.
- Evidence-Based Programming such as the YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program, LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, THE REAL YOU Weight Loss Program, and SmartStart.
- Access to all other YMCAs in Ohio through statewide reciprocity and nationwide through the A.W.A.Y. (Always Welcome at YMCAs) program
- Volunteer opportunities.
YOUTH/ADULT SPORTS AND FINE ARTS:
Jr. Cavaliers Basketball League (Flyer)
January 9 - March 18, 2017
Winter and Spring Sports Camp
Winter: Dec 22,23, 26-30 (Flyer)
Spring: April 17th - 21st (Flyer)
Ages: 6-12 | 9:00am-4:00pm
Mini Dribblers Basketball Clinic
January 22 - February 26
Grades K - 3 | Sunday 3:00-4:15pm
2017 Youth Spring Sports (Flyer)
April 17 - June 8
Volleyball 9-14 | Soccer 3-10 | T-ball 3-5
Parents Night Out (Flyer)
1/27, 2/24, 3/24, 4/28, 5/26
January 13th - March 2nd
Ages 4-6 | Wednesday 5:30pm
January 13 - March 2
Ages 3-5 | Wednesday 6:20pm
Ages 6-8 | Wednesday 7:10pm
Break Dancing (Flyer)
January 14 - March 3
Beginners (Ages 6-12) | Thursday at 6pm
Advanced (Ages 8-14) | Thursday at 5pm
Little Movers: (Ballet/Jazz) (Flyer)
January 19 - March 9
Ages 3-5 | Thursday 5:00pm
Gym and Pool Rental (Flyer)
Isshinryu Karate (Flyer)
Kids and Family (Ages 5-10)
Traditional Class (Ages 11-Adult)
Shotokan Karate (Flyer)
Register in house
Guitar/Ukulele/Bass Lessons (Flyer)
Thurs (Contact instructor to set up time)
Eric Hankerson 216-385-9390
Adult Basketball League (Flyer)
January 12 - March 30
League fee: $250 | Ref game fees: $33
Why the Y?
When you join the Y, you join a movement to strengthen your community, while strengthening yourself. You'll belong to a place where: