The Y offers a premier aquatics program rooted in the values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility with a strong focus on quality, structure, progression, achievement, and fun!
We provide high quality swim instruction to all ages and skill levels.
PARENT-CHILD SWIM LESSONS
Ages 6-36 months
This introduces your children to the water and gets them comfortable in a class setting. We work on skills ranging from blowing bubbles, floating on front and back, basic paddle stroke, kicking on front and back, and climbing in and out of the water. This class, with an instructor ratio of 3 to 1, will also prepare your little ones for the transition to lessons without parent participation.
PRESCHOOL SWIM LESSONS
Ages 3-5 • 5:1 Ratio
Children will work under the direct supervision of qualified instructors to learn basic swimming techniques, water safety, and confidence in and around the water.
Starfish: Swim Team Level (8:1 ratio)
YOUTH SWIM LESSONS
Ages 6-12 • 7:1 ratio except for Polliwog
This program offers personal safety, personal growth, stroke development, water bobs, floats, and other techniques that are matched with the child’s skill and learning abilities.
Polliwog: Beginner (6:1 ratio)
Shark: Swim Team Level.
ADAPATIVE SWIM LESSONS
For individuals with disabilities. An individual assessment will be done by a certified instructor in order to determine placement in swim lessons.
1. The YMCA may test the swimming competency of any swimmer.
2. Non-Swimmers of any age are not permitted in the deep end of the pool.
3. No diving. Diving is not permitted except in supervised YMCA programs. Enter the water feet first facing forward
4. All Children ages 12 & under who want to swim in the deep end must pass a swimming skills assessment administered by a YMCA lifeguard.
5. Breath holding activities are not permitted in any YMCA Pools.
6. The lifeguard has full authority over the pool and word is FINAL!
WATCH YOUR KIDS
1. No running or horseplay.
2. No jumping or diving off the starting blocks unless in a supervised YMCA Program.
3. No outside floatation devices are permitted in the pool.
1. Swimmers who are currently experiencing the following; open sores, infections or diarrhea are not permitted in the water.
2. All swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
3. Proper swim attire is required in the pool.
4. No food, gum, candy or glass bottles in the pool area.