SUMMER OF FUN
LIFETIME OF MEMORIES
June 9-August 22, 2014
(camp start and end dates vary by location)
March 3, 2014 for current YMCA Child Care program participants
March 10, 2014 for current YMCA members
March 17, 2014 open to the public
Note: Registrations will not be accepted prior to the designates dates listed above for each group.
Register your child for camp by April 25, 2014 and take advantage of our camp deposit payment plan (all deposits on this plan must be paid in full by May 23, 2014). Contact the Payment Registrar office for payment plan options at 216-263-6860 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the camp location on the left side of this page for more site specific registration and enrollment information.
WHY YMCA SUMMER DAY CAMPS?
Summer just wouldn't be the same without the excitement and adventure of Summer Camp!
Kids come together for a fun-filled summer of games, arts and crafts, water fun, sports, nature, community projects, field trips and new friendships.
WHERE KIDS GROW AND SHINE
The YMCA is committed to the healthy development of kids through a broad range of activities that instill positive values, build self-confidence while instilling the Y's four core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
WE HAVE PROFESSIONAL ROLE MODELS
Our staff are selected based on their experience, attitude skills and enthusiasm.
Staff attend various training's including risk management, diversity and behavior management, character development and team building.
KIDS LOVE US!
There is no place like the Y for kids during summer. They get to try new things and learn lessons that will serve them throughout their lives.
They get to:
- Make new friends
- Play games and sports
- Spend time outside
- Get messy
- Go on awesome field trips
- Lots of swimming
- Make a ton of new friends
Experience the Fun!
Children get to participate in our fun filled weekly themes:
- From Me to We! Building our Memories
- Now playing this week at a local Y camp near you!
- Animal Safari - A jungle adventure
- Party in the USA - Celebrating our country
- From Earth to Moon - A journey through the universe
- Sports Extravaganza - Learn and experience sports that were started by the YMCA
- Creative Campers - Let's showcase our talents!
- Mad Science - Icky, Sticky, Gooey Experiments
- My State Adventures - Through the Roads of O-H-I-O
- Beach Party - Sand and Sun; Swim and Fun!
WHAT DOES MY CHILD NEED FOR CAMP?
- Athletic shoes
- Healthy Lunch and Drink (no soda permitted)
- REUSABLE WATER BOTTLE
- Swimsuit and Towel (bring on swim days only)
- Weather Appropriate Clothing
Most campers spend the day outdoors. Children must wear appropriate clothing and foot wear. No Sandals or flip flops are permitted. Sunscreen should be applied before camp and brought to camp.