Below are several tips on how you can increase physical activity by making it a regular part of your day.
- Join a walking group in your neighborhood or at your local YMCA. This will help you stay accountable and offer support and motivation. The Lakewood Family YMCA's "Let's Walk Lakewood" program will get you moving!
- Get the entire family involved. Enjoy a walk or bike ride with your kids or attend a Youth/Family Fitness class at the YMCA!
- Get your kids enrolled for Flag Football or Basketball League at the Y and be active while they are active. Walk up and down the field while watching the kids.
- Get moving while watching TV. Do stretches or exercises while watching TV. Or if you don’t want to miss out on your evening show - come to the YMCA and use your very own TV on your machine!
- Exercise to a workout video or join a group exercise class at the YMCA!
- Get off the bus one stop early and walk the rest of the way or park your car further away from the doors.
- Group exercise not your thing? Join our Adult Basketball League, Martial Arts, or Water Aerobics at the YMCA.
- Most importantly, have fun while being active!
Every YMCA member receives a complimentary Free First Workout session. Stop at the front desk of your local branch today to discover everything your Y has to offer!